At my school, we often make cards in class to give to special people or for special occasions. In the older grades, it's simple: just pass out construction paper, brainstorm ideas for what to say, and let the kids have at it. They can create their own drawings and write a thoughtful message quickly and easily. In Kindergarten, it's a different story and the burden of card creation falls upon the teacher. When it is an occasion to send someone special a card, I do all of the work to create a card that is personal and has a little pizazz, then my students write their names on the card to sign it.
I made this fun bouquet of flowers card to share with a colleague that had been recovering from surgery and was gone for the first several weeks of school. It seemed too good to keep all to myself, so I'm sharing it with you as a FREEBIE!
Want to make this fun card as a gesture to someone special at your school?
Here's all you need to know:
- 2 sheets of white 8.5×11″ copy paper
- 1 sheet of 12×18″ construction paper in a bright color
- 1 sheet of 9×12″ construction paper in a skin tone
- Pencil, glue stick, scissors
- Print the large bouquet of flowers and small leafy bouquet pages
- Cut two slits to form a V on the green lines at the bottom of the large bouquet
- Trace an adult-size hand onto skin-colored construction paper and cut out
- Gently place the hand cutout into the V-shaped slit in the bouquet to give the appearance of a hand holding flowers
- Fold 12×18″ sheet of construction paper in 1/2 to form a card and glue the hand and large bouquet arrangements onto the front of card
- Cut out small leafy bouquet and trim away as much white space as possible. Glue this piece into the hand to give the bouquet more fullness
- Fold down the thumb and glue in place
- Add a personal message to the inside of card, have the class sign it, and share with someone special!
Do you want to make a card for your class to share with someone special?
Click the image below to grab your FREEBIE!
Flower graphics are the super-cute creation of KPM Doodles.